The Association of California Healthcare Districts (ACHD) located in Sacramento, California, is recruiting its next CEO due to the impending retirement of the current office holder. A visionary, innovative leader and strategic thinker, the CEO will collaborate with board members, other healthcare associations, leaders in business and other sectors in advocacy with statewide public office holders, State of California department executives and other influential constituencies for the needs of the healthcare districts and their residents.
A proactive administrator and program manager, this leader will be a key collaborator on the development of revenue-enhancing initiatives and educational offerings that equip district leaders with the knowledge and competencies needed to better operate and lead their districts in addressing the most critical health and wellness needs of local residents amidst the changing healthcare landscape. Finally, the CEO will steward the financial and human capital of the organization, including developing and leading the ACHD staff in executing all of the advocacy and educational programs supporting ACHD members and their districts.
Reporting to the ACHD Board and regularly working in ACHD’s Sacramento office, the Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the leadership and management of the organization’s overall operations in accordance with the strategic priorities adopted by the Association.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, General Management or related area
· Eight to ten years of experience at a senior executive-level healthcare organization or non-profit association preferred (Master’s degree may substitute for two years of related experience)
· Familiarity with the laws, state and federal legislative processes, and agencies that regulate healthcare and healthcare districts in California
· Knowledge of the healthcare market in California
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to appropriately represent the organization to external and internal audiences
· Ability to motivate and lead in a complex environment
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 1
About Association of California Healthcare Districts
ACHD represents healthcare districts throughout the state. The Association serves the diverse needs of California’s healthcare districts by enhancing public awareness, training and educating its members and advocating for legislation and regulatory policies that allow healthcare districts to deliver the best possible health services to Californians. ACHD has an operational budget of $1M and four staff.
Healthcare districts respond to the specialized health and wellness needs of millions of Californians while also having direct accountability to the communities that districts serve via boards of trustees elected by residents of the district.
The Association of California Healthcare Districts supports the diverse needs of California Healthcare Districts through advocacy, education and member services.
ACHD accomplishes this mission by delivering expert training and educational opportunities for its members and advocating for legislation and regulatory policies that allow healthcare districts to deliver the best possible health services to Californians.
To be the leading advocate for the shared interests of California healthcare districts through its work with local and statewide government and through its education and support of its membership.