The Coder works independently on a daily basis responsible for the abstracting and coding of Anesthesia medical records and assigning Anesthesia codes with a high degree of accuracy.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Reviews medical records to codes patient charges
5. Reviews physician documentation and performs audits to determine accuracy
6. Updates late charges and processes in a timely manner
7. Reviews tasks and corrects codes as needed
8. Prepares reports as requested by operations team
9. Provide training to physicians and staff to improve coding outcomes.
10. Additional responsibilities as needed.
Required: HS Diploma or equivalent and completion of certified coding program
Required: Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working specifically with Anesthesia coding in a healthcare requirement.
Required: Certified Professional Coding Certificate
Job: Medical Coding
Primary Location: Modesto, California
Facility: CALIFORNIA PRACT STAFF
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005030344
About CALIFORNIA PRACT STAFF
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.