The Revenue Cycle Coordinator will be responsible for supporting management in maintaining, improving, processing, and evaluating the billing and collection of accounts receivable for the Medical Group and/or resolve complex payer issues to completion daily. This may encompass working the receivable of multiple practices and will comprise of the receivable of multiple third-party payers, as well as, supporting management in the overall execution of Revenue Cycle collection duties.
Maintains data in billing management system, i.e. updating current and adding new demographic information, and ensures that documentation entered is accurate and complete.
Interacts / communicates effectively with various department staff and assists customer service inquires both internally and externally.
Contacting payors for claims status and dispute resolution
Charge capture, collections processing and payment posting
May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications or Education, Training and Experience
High School Diploma required
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in physician billing
Experience working in a physician practice preferred
athenaNet experience preferred
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
Knowledge and Skills/Expected Competencies
• Knowledge of accounting, healthcare, and general office procedures, preferred.
• Working knowledge of collection processes and insurance verification and pre-certification processes.
• Requires ability to understand, interpret, evaluate, and resolve basic customer service issues.
• Intermediate knowledge of accounting principles which directly impacts the accounts receivable that may include debit and credit transactions; charge transfers; contractual allowances and adjustments and financial class changes.
• Knowledge of the state and federal reimbursement and regulatory guidelines to ensure compliance with State regulations regarding patient and insurance billing issues, preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Requires knowledge of common revenue cycle accounts receivable terms, common business practices, and statute of limitations as it pertains to billing, appeals, payer requests, payments, retractions, and EOBs.
• Requires knowledge of billing, collection, and telecommunications software
• Understands HCPC and/or CPT coding issues that could impact a claim.
• Requires knowledge of up to date HIPAA and HITECH rules and regulations.
• Demonstrates ability to assist in mentoring others in regard to the department’s payers and revenue cycle processes.
• Ability to work the receivable of multiple facilities with experience, knowledge, and skills that are transferable to other tasks and assignments.
• Understands common terms used daily in carrying out tasks.
Internal Number: 1181
About Consensus Health
Consensus Health was founded to empower both patients and physicians.
Our goal is to give patients the best possible experience—including the ability to see the primary care physicians and specialists of their choice.
To physicians we offer the benefits of ownership in a large multispecialty practice—and the rewards of remaining independent – including more time for patient care – and an improved quality of life.
Our experienced and award-winning management team has a proven track record of creating successful and profitable medical groups. By supporting physicians and allowing them to focus on patients, we help them deliver higher quality medical care and a better patient experience.
Through key partnerships with primary care providers and specialists, as well as insurance providers, we’re working to build the most comprehensive multispecialty network in the state. We aim to provide optimal care for patients, and long-term independence and work-life satisfaction for physicians.
In short, we’re creating a better healthcare system for everyone.