A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions offer flexibility in scheduling and are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered . Registry/Per Diem positions require a minimum of 4 shifts a month commitment. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is located in a medical clinic or physician's practice and coordinates the scheduling of appointments for physicians in the practice or surgical procedures, diagnostic tests, physical therapy, pain management, and other special tests as directed by physicians. This position is also responsible for obtaining necessary authorizations, pre-certifications and/or referrals.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides customer service for patients, families, hospital scheduling departments, and other physician's offices. Acts as a resource to resolve room availability conflicts.
2. Receives physician's orders and completes patient registration. Obtains necessary authorizations, pre-certifications and/or referrals. Works closely with the billing department to ensure accurate coding for all charges.
3. Schedules and re-schedules patients as necessary. Confirms patient's appointments for the following days and informs patients of physician's orders or special instructions prior to appointment or procedure.
4. Answers incoming calls, which may include screening calls, taking messages and providing information to patients, physicians, providers, hospitals and staff. Documents correspondence in the patient's medical record. Updates demographic and insurance information in the practice management system.
5. Assists physicians in examination room when required. Assists front office in answering phones, scheduling appointments, taking messages, prescription refills, locating information and other related duties when necessary.
6. May have supervisory accountability and/or provide direction to support staff.
7. This position has the responsibility of assuring efficient scheduling and workflow of the operation while maintaining outstanding customer relations. Interacts with patients, physicians, third party payers, vendors, registration and central scheduling staff, medical records, billing, and clinical staff.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
The position requires skills normally gained with 2 years of scheduling experience in a physician's office or hospital. Medical terminology may be required for some assignments. Must possess excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Must be proficient with commonly used office software and have the ability to use software typically used for medical practice management and scheduling.
Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS coding is strongly preferred. Sound working knowledge of various types of insurance plans and/or worker's compensation preferred. Bi-lingual in Spanish may be preferred for some assignments.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.