Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, assesses the data development and collection needs of the assigned clinical service line/department. Coordinates the collection of and/or abstracts clinical data elements from multiple sources. Extensive use of the 3M HDM System including HDM, CRS, CDIS, Audit Expert and System Editor for database management, system customization, report generation, detailed statistical data compilation, and credentialing. Responsible for the maintenance of data integrity through system management activities that includes designing and developing audit tools to monitor accuracy, quality, and completeness of data. Analyzes information to identify trends regarding the root causes of inconsistency or validity and makes recommendations for improvements, as appropriate. Using the 3M HDM system, assists in developing automation of manual processes, development of reports, work lists, monitoring tools, and educational materials in support of the HIM team. May assist with the implementation of new and existing policies, procedures, practices and standards as needed with system development. Works with personnel and management in other functions/services/departments on various projects or issues as directed.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Information Management, or related field which utilizes strong data management or statistical analysis, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. One to two years experience in a Health Information Management related field preferred.
3. One to two years of experience with Health Information Management (EHR), Medical Coding or Revenue Cycle related systems such as Cerner, 3M HDM or Invision preferred.
4. Knowledge of medical coding and medical coding related activities preferred.
5. Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or Clinical Health Data Administrator (CHDA), or CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or working towards one of these credentials is preferred
1. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills to communicate with internal and external personal and management related to data abstraction/manipulation/analysis, and to effectively inform, instruct and facilitate the understanding and use of generated data.
3. Technical knowledge of and ability to utilize spreadsheets, databases, and statistical analysis software programs.
4. Technical knowledge of health-related data involved in clinical improvement, including medical record and administrative data.
5. Knowledge of healthcare compliance including knowledge of privacy and security regulations, confidentiality, laws, access and release of information practices.
6. Ability to work with a team in identifying sources of data and methodology for collection.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105026221
About Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.