OP Admitting/Scheduler Specialist, Physical Therapy - FT/Days
MemorialCare Health System
Location: Laguna Hills, California
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: SAD004439
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
The Outpatient Admitting/Scheduler Specialist position is an integral part of the Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinic providing the collection and compiling of accurate information for contacting patients to schedule visits for Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1. Handles activities relating to admission criteria including insurance verification, requesting insurances for authorization, and assisting in referrals for therapy.
2. Scheduling initial and continuing treatments for Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapy
3. Excellent communication skills with patients, therapists, Doctors and insurance representatives
4. Provides excellent customer service while multitasking phone lines and in person visits
5. Accurately maintains medical records per HIPPA guidelines
6. Excellent Computer skills with the ability to adapt to changes/updates to our Electronic Medical Record.
7. Strong organizational skills
8. Must be able to adapt to fluctuating volumes of census
9. Demonstrates understanding and implementation of prescription, recertification and authorization process
10. Be at work and on time
11. Follow company policies, procedures and directives
12. Interact in a positive and constructive manner