Location: Valhalla, New York
Attending Pediatric PhysiatristDepartment of Rehabilitation MedicineWestchester Medical Center
The WMC Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is seeking a Pediatric Physiatrist to join our growing program. Maria Fareri Children's Hospital is a memberof the Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) and an academic partner ofNew York Medical College. Located in Valhalla, NY, Maria Fareri Children's Hospital is a 136-bed advanced pediatric center that cares for the Hudson Valley's most ill and injured children. The hospital is home to the Hudson Valley's only Level I pediatric trauma and burn care programs, pediatric intensive care unit and its regional neonatal intensive care unit (Level IV).The appropriate candidate will be expected to develop and lead a pediatric rehabilitation program at Maria Fareri Children's Hospital while providing pediatric physiatry services, including the performance of all consultations, procedures, and other related services required by patients. The Department of PM&R has nine full-time physiatrists and a newly accredited 16-position four-year categorical residency training program. As a major teaching affiliate of New York Medical College, 3rd and 4th year medical students rotate on site for their required PM&R clerkship and for electives. Faculty maintain academic appointments within the School of Medicine. This position will report directly to the Director of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Develop a comprehensive pediatric physiatry service at the Maria Fareri Children's Hospital in close collaboration with the Departments of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Pediatrics, and hospital administration.
- Establish an outpatient pediatric physiatry practice including specialty clinics as appropriate based on the needs of the health system's pediatric patient population.
- Identify potential areas of growth in pediatric rehabilitative services within the health system.
- Provide pediatric physiatry inpatient consultation services at the Maria Fareri Children's Hospital.
- Educate clinical departments and other providers and potential referral sources on pediatric physiatry services through grand rounds presentations, outreach to physician practice groups, and community education.
- Supervise and train PM&R and other residents and medical students rotating through the pediatric physiatry service. Conduct teaching rounds, participate in the resident and medical student lecture series and journal clubs, and contribute to curriculum development.
- Explore opportunities for development of a pediatric physiatry fellowship.
- Work with the Graduate and Undergraduate Medical Education offices to establish comprehensive educational programs in pediatric physiatry within the health network and School of Medicine.
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state-of-the-art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC